Thursday, March 7, 2013

4 Months off! But 4 months NOT wasted

I’m not sure why I go through stages, I just went through a similar problem with Words with Friends. I had to stop for about 2 months because I just needed a break to make it fun again. I guess the same was true with blogging! I have been on a 4 month hiatus from blogging but have been HARD at work fitness-wise :-) It recently came to my attention I hadn’t written in a while, and with Tri season gearing up – it is a perfect time to start up again!

First exciting news – Aaron and I are running the Canyonlands ½ Marathon in 10 days!! I can’t believe it is here already! For my sprint tri – running was definitely the hardest for me, even though I have been doing it the longest. I figured training for a ½ during the off season would really help out! I’ll leave my expectations for another post before the race, but I had a great 12 mile training run at about 25 seconds faster than my last half!

4 Month recap – ready go!

November 

Broncos game!



Anniversary weekend in Beaver Creek!
Turkey Trot!
BFR trip to Charlotte!

December


Toga for Xmas!

Xmas at the house :-)

skiing, skiing, boarding!

Ugly Sweater Run!





January
Snow shoe in Mt Evans


Bergen Peak Hike in Evergreen

Yeti Chase 10k! (I'm in blue)

Sunrise Bergen Peak Hike

Yeti Chase!

February

Happy Valentines day HB!

Lots of skiing!

Snowman Stampede 10 miler! PR for me, too!

Maxwell Falls Hike

Besides running, I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (yes all 30 days!) right after Christmas. It was great and I really noticed a difference in my strength and fitness! I also started going to Yoga, at least once a week. I have been about 7 times so far. It is 2 blocks from my house – so convenient! I love the strength components as well as flexibility.

Triathlons on the Horizon!

Since this blog stemmed from Tri’s – here we go!
My big race right now is July 14th – Olympic Distance – the 5150 Boulder Peak Tri! I am already signed up and I am excited to have this on the calendar. I am not sure if I will get in a sprint before then, but I’d love to. But, I do plan on doing the Boulder Stroke and Strides on Thursdays (750 or 1500m swim then 5K run) and also getting passes for Grant Ranch for some open water swims! Swimming in the pool definitely starts right after the ½. In the back of my mind, I’d love to try the Harvest Moon 70.3 on September 8th, but I think I should see how the Olympic Distance goes since I haven’t even tried one of those yet!

I am super excited for spring, for training, and for fitness so thanks for reading!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment