Friday, July 13, 2012

In 36 hours I will be getting up for Race!

Well less than two days until the big race!

This week has been tough! I have been SO exhausted and my legs feel like lead, but I haven’t done very many workouts!! I got in a 5 mile run on Saturday in Chicago, a 3 mile run on Tuesday and a 2 mile run on Thursday but that is pretty much it. I did a short swim on Monday and a small bike ride Monday and really short one on Wednesday.

It is strange that my legs feel so tired because I have gotten a lot of sleep (minus last night), and my appetite has been through the roof, too! I think that has a lot to do with my nerves, although the extra food just makes me more nervous!

I am so many things…excited, nervous, scared, anxious. I know it is only a sprint distance, but it is my first and I do not totally know what to expect! I know, individually, I can complete all the events and have pretty much tried out the course (minus the swim). But, what will it be like doing all three events, moving for 2 straights hours? Have I done enough? Will I be well rested? Will I remain calm during the swim?

I know I can’t answer most of these questions until it is all said and done. So I am excited for Sunday to arrive! It’s been a busy week with social events and getting things together at the house. My sister and mom arrive tomorrow as well.

I guess this is more of a ranting post – just wanted to touch base before the race. Hopefully the next post will be filled with excitement after trying my first triathlon in Colorado!! Have a great weekend :-)

Pics are from Wedding in Chicago, Dunkin in Chicago, and AA and I attempting to steal baby Owen at Matts 30th bday dinner




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be busy enough to not have to worry so much! You know you've done all you can to this point, so the rest is all about having, and enjoying, a real 'learning experience' and personal satisfaction in completing your large goal!

    ReplyDelete