Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Roxborough, Rapids, Matthew Winters and more

I tend to gather my thoughts for my blogs at work when I have a little down time. But recently, there has been no time, work has been chaotic and so have extracurricular activities. Only 8 1/2 weeks until Boulder Peak Tri so it is definitely important to get in my workouts! Through last week I was feeling great, but this weekend everything caught up with me. I had been stretched sort of thin and was feeling really tired and weak. I took Friday and Monday off, and did not get in all my workouts over the weekend. It is probably for the better, and I still got in a great 7 mile run at the Highline Canal and also a hike with Kelsey on Sunday at Matthew Winters.

Week of 5/5 workouts
Sunday 5/5: 6.2 mile hike at Roxborough State Park with cousin JP and Bradley (1,200 ft gain) and Jillian Michaels
Monday 5/6: 1.14 mile swim = 40 laps in the AM and 30 day shred in PM
Tuesday 5/7: 30 day shred and 3.2 mile run at work
Wednesday 5/8: 30 day shred and 45 minutes spin
Thursday 5/9: 4 mile speed/hill workout on Treadmill and speed work in pool - 25 laps
Friday 5/10: rest
Saturday 5/11: 7 mile Highline Canal Run

Totals
Run: 13.5 miles
Bike: 10 miles
Swim: 2,525 meters
Other: Hike 6+ miles, 4 days of 30 day shred

Week of 5/12 workouts (so far)
Sunday 5/12: 4.4 mile hike at Matthew Winters with Kelsey
Monday 5/13: rest
Tuesday 5/14: 1.25 mile swim - 44 laps in the AM and 3 mile run

Highlights
Rapids and Roxborough
boys getting autograph from Brian Mullan - front row!

Boys at Roxborough

Me and the Cuz!
 Yankees vs Rockies - Go Yanks!!

Highline Canal Run
I wasn't feeling this run when I first got out there, the first mile was tough. It was a gorgeous day though and eventually I found my grove! Each mile got a little bit faster and I felt great. The trail is nice and flat, and it was a perfect day in Colorado :-)
Route along Highline

Negative splits! At mile 3 ran under bridge and had to avoid mud
Only took a picture after the run, but you can see how gorgeous it was!
Matthew Winter - no pictures - but a great one of Ellie and Henry afterwards :-)


Week Outlook
I think 30 day shred on top of training was a little much, but if I do get the energy I may try to do it when I can. This week I hope to get in a bike ride in at lunch tomorrow, a run/swim on Thursday and then another bike. SATURDAY is my BIRTHDAY! I can't believe it is only 4 days away. I LOVE my birthday!!! It sort of snuck up on me this year though!
Colfax Marathon Relay - Sunday! A team of 5 complete the relay marathon, I have the last leg which is about 6 miles. I am super pumped to just run in this race and feel the excitement of it all!

Bolder Boulder - Monday May 27th! 6.2 miles with 50,000 of my closest friends and hopefully Grandpa Uncle James (soon to be Grandpa!)

AA is having more complications with his ear, and unfortunately is on another 30 day stint of no activities (including flying) per his Doctor. It is hard because we both are such active people. We are making the best of it though, and are planning a road trip to Phoenix instead of flying! Stay tuned!

I'll leave you with another picture of Ellie Belly and Scarlet

 Need some extra motivation this week! It's been busy!

1 comment:

  1. Another nice summary; loved the pictures, insights along the way and especially the 'grandpa to be' reference! Great pictures of the 'cuz as well. I suspect you might have found your 'groove' vice 'grove' but maybe you found a grove you really like! Downtime is important to the body's recovery as well. Hope AA continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete