Thursday, May 23, 2013

Swim Therapy


Who knew I would be getting therapy at swimming in the AM? On Tuesday AM, I had a great workout, swam 44 laps which is over 2,000m. I have been breaking every 10 laps and it seems to be helping my headache. On Tuesday though, the elder (60’s) man got my attention next to me, even through my wax ear plugs. He started asking if I was happy, and that I needed to only do what made me happy. Put myself as #1 and get rid of anything (and one) that doesn’t make me happy. He emphasized I need not stress and keep myself #1. He said, “you can only make others happy if you are happy yourself”. The rest of my swim, I was smiling. This morning (Thursday) I also made it swimming. He again asked if I was happy and to make sure I only do what makes me happy! Swimming makes me happy – so I will continue to do this :-) I think his name is Larry...

Rec center for swimming :-)

Somehow I wonder if he sensed how stressful work has been! Monday I worked extra long and didn’t work out. The rest of the week I have been making sure to force myself to leave my desk and get out doors! Besides my early AM therapy sessions its been a great week of training so far.

-Monday – Rest aka Work
-Tuesday – AM 2,012m swim & 3 mile run during lunch
-Wednesday – 14 mile bike ride to Cherry Creek during lunch
-Thursday – AM 1,143m swim & 4 mile run during lunch

Hello gorgeous lunch time - in Cherry Creek

Bike rack at work...mine is the cool white one :-) 
Outlook:
The Bolder Boulder is Monday! AA got a friend to use his bib, and unfortunately James won't be making the trip, but we are going to reschedule for another race coming up!

I’d like to be strong for BB – hoping to break 10 min/miles this time. I wanted this to be my time to break 1 hour for the 10k, but with my recent times, and other training, I’d rather just focus on the 10 min/mile and be able to still train this weekend for other things!

-Friday – hoping bike ride, or easy elliptical
-Sat – Long bike ride?
-Sunday - REST

The birthday weekend was great thanks to AA and those who celebrated with me :-)

Friday  - BBQ at our house, AA grilled some great food and we had great company!
Saturday – Rock climbing in Boulder Canyon. So fun! Did two routes, one was 5.7 and another 5.9
Sunday – Colfax Marathon Relay! (click!)

awesome day :-)

1 comment:

  1. Loved the opening to this blog and 'Larry's therapy' certainly sounds like great advice. Enjoy BB -- James is going to miss you and the race but was already talking about other options later. Best of luck and keep up the writing--always good to read and helps with my own motivation.

    ReplyDelete