Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Swim, Fail :-(

Today was a continuous one!
Took the light rail in to work  - which makes for an 11 hour day.
Made it to the gym for an elliptical 30 minute workout, abs and legs! 
Got home right before 6, had a quick salad and was hesitant to leave the couch for the pool :-) I headed over because I knew I wanted to get a swim workout in!

So at the Wash Park Rec Center - there are 6 lanes. There are 2 slow, 2 medium, and 2 fast. Usually there are 2 people per lane, splitting the lane = 12 people total. If there are more than 2, you cycle through the lane in a loop. When I got there, there were only spots left in the fast lanes. There were already 8 people in the slow/medium lanes. I was hesitant incase more people came - but it was better than cycling in three people (which I have never done).
So I started (like last week) with 4 lap cycle - it was tough! I couldn't get in to a breathing grove. When I got back 2 more people had arrived, one hopped in my lane and then the pool was full. I did my next 2 lengths and was very tired again. I tried another 4 length cycle and it was really hard. I rested and saw 2 more people come in. Of course I'm wondering in my head where are they going to go. I see them disrobe and obviously are meant to be in the fast lane. I have no idea what to do at this point - I know they should be in the fast lane, there is no way I can cycle since I am so slow. Do I get out? Do I move to the slow lane? I do another 2 lengths and see both guys are waiting at the end of my lane.  I just decided to get out. I was so upset, I get flustered when I am uncomfortable in situations. I guess that is one reason I liked running. All you need to run is you, sure mother nature gets in the way sometimes, or sometimes there isn't a treadmill at the gym...but anyone can just go out and run. I am so new to swimming, I don't know etiquette and I was not comfortable.

I dried off and went back out just in case there was some room in the pool, I was so mad I had only done 12 laps. Maybe it was because today felt harder than both days last week? But can't look back now.  There is lap swim 6-8 AM tomorrow, I am thinking if I can get to bed early I will go check that out and then shower at work. I have the MRI after work at 6:30 so I can't do the lap swim after work. Sigh, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment