Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Back to running feels great :-)

I got to run outside at work today! It was amazing. It was in the mid 60s when I ran at about 10:30am - you couldn't ask for better weather at the end of March. I was all geared up - Native sunglasses, ankle brace, garmin forerunner watch, new sneaks!

My runs over the past 2 weeks or so have been going well so doctor gave me the green light to keep trying. On Sunday I had done 5 min walk/8 min jog intervals for 38 min. Today I decided to bump it up to 5 min walk and 10 min jog. I walked to the start of the course outside work and ran the first mile (10:17 pace!) and then walked out till I hit 15 minutes (.3 miles). I ran the next mile (including hill!) and only walked out .2 so I could ran the last leg (.7) back to work. My ankle felt great 'synched' up by the brace and with high socks I didn't get a blister like last time!  No pain while I was running - feels a little weak now, but that is OK to have. I did my band exercises in the gym after and I definitely felt that! It was 3.2 miles and I finished in 36:30 :-)

I just downloaded some views from my run today
 The route goes through a little park and then loops back on the side walks - but I only have to cross the DTC Blvd street which is awesome!


 Maybe it is just because I love to analyze things...but I think it is neat! You can see for the first mile my pace (blue) is pretty steady. I think at .2 miles I had to wait to cross the street! My pace increases as I walk from 1 mile to 1.3. Then you can see my pace stays fairly steady at the big hill! I gain a bit of momentum and you can see my walk again from 2.3 to 2.5

I couldn't have asked for a nicer day to run outside! 

Aaron and I also got out on Sunday and ran to Wash Park! Same as last one - but it was also a beautiful day, and I love when we are able to do that (semi-together!). 

After today's run I got excited it wasn't causing too much pain - so I signed up for the Bolder Boulder 10K over Memorial Day weekend! I am really excited :-) Aaron is running it as well!

REI dividends came out today so I will probably go get a bike soon! I took my current (from high school) out and rode to meet Kelsey for lunch - I got/had a flat tire! I guess now is a good time to learn how to fix it :-)

Aaron made me a 'welcome back' playlist which I just downloaded to my iPod and am sampling now. I can't wait to listen to it on Thursday. I need to get creative for my run since I also have a doctors appointment with the orthopedic guy - maybe I can go in a bit earlier so I can take 2 breaks during the day. It is supposed to be another great day so I want to run during the day :-)

Time to go do my band stretches!

I worked on cleaning my old apartment the past two nights - so I am hoping next week I can finally get back to swimming :-) Hartford Jen wants to do some of the 5k pub runs that start in a few weeks - so that will be good too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment