Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quick update - more detail tomorrow

I've been off the grid for a bit! Doesn't mean training has stopped though.
Aaron and I moved in to a new apartment last week so it has been crazy busy! Swimming has NOT happened :-( I am hoping to do that again next week.

Physical therapy has been going great. Two times a week before work. I like the exercises and it's nice to really be focusing on strengthening my weak ankle and muscles!
PT doctor (Rob) gave me green light for 'trial' run over the weekend. AA and I went around new neighborhood (which is amazing). I did 5 minutes of walking, then 5 of jogging and repeated two additional times. 2.4 miles in 30 min. It felt GREAT to get back out! No problems running in new sneakers or othodics! (Pic of new shoe tomorrow!)

I have still been getting in bike/elliptical at work. Yesterday's bike I was tired - I'm guessing from move and first run!
Today I had jury duty! I wasn't selected so I got to enjoy the 70 degree weather and do walk/jog intervals over to Wash park! Its the coolest park and amazing for running. I love its only one mile away now! Did 3.16 miles in 40 min. Love the watch for mileage. It didn't connect to my computer though so I haven't downloaded stats.

I am super excited to at least be jogging. Can't overdo it though! I have been doing band exercises two times a day and started icing today too. As long as I do well over the next few weeks I'm hoping I can still run the Bolder Boulder 10k over Memorial Day. Good training for tri - before the tri!

REI dividends come out this month so I'm  aiming to use that towards the new bike!
The 70 weather was amazing - snow forecasted tomorrow - gotta lover Colorado!!! I gotta check out bike route from new house to work - it'd be beat to do that some days rather than light rail!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment