Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mid week progress update

It is only half way through the week but I wanted to update some of my workouts so I don't get too behind :-) It's been a great 3 days!

Monday
-Elliptical 30 minutes
-pushups/abs/planks

I was exhausted from the weekend workouts so I took it easy :-)

 
Tuesday
-Ran 4 mile route from work
-walk .25 then started watch
-ran 1 mile, walked .25
-ran 1 mile, walked .25
-ran 1 mile, stopped watch
-walked .25
= ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile
+arm workout with weights

It has been gorgeous weather this week (as always). Tuesday was a good run and back to a four mile route I had done a lot last year. Legs still tired but a bit over 10 minute miles for the three! It is about 200 ft of elevation gain, which happens in the first mile - so that was a bit slower, but still had a 10:21 pace :-) Wore the brace and ankle and leg muscles are feeling strong! No real problems with the hip either. (Side note: One of the dogs is dreaming and whimpering - its great)
 Wednesday
Lots of biking!
-7.5 mile course during work to Cherry Creek (CC) State Park and around
-abs/planks/pushups
-5 mile ride to downtown (to meet AA for ice cream)
-4.65 mile ride home (more direct I guess)
=17+ miles today :-)

I really enjoyed the ride to CC Park - the road from work to get there has a designated bike lane, which is great. I got a little lost (as you can see) so I didn't end up on the path I wanted till a little later. My goal is to eventually make it all the way around the lake! For now though, I wanted to scout it out and see what its like! The way there is great - and downhill :-)
 Then I got to do the route downtown again! It was a beautiful day for a ride. I left around 6:30 so there were lots of commuters. Again - a designated bike lane until I got to the Cherry Creek trail (which actually leads to the park above in the opposite direction). I was contemplating just taking the light rail home but I was feeling good - and got new lights for the bike!
So great bike day!

Tomorrow I am hoping to do the same run as Tuesday. Friday is up in the air. I am probably biking downtown after work. I might bike to PT from the light rail in the morning so I don't have to drive. We shall see though!

No comments:

Post a Comment