Saturday, February 4, 2012

Slow Moving

Not a lot of good things to report on :-(
Work got extremely stressful at the end of the week - and unfortunately I let it get the best of me. I was having a strong week, with a swim Wed morning and gym Mon/Tues/Wed. However, Thursday was a tough day at work. I did not get to the gym on Thursday or Friday and didn't get my swim in Thursday night. I know this is a weak spot of mine that I need to work on. I let the stress and work get the best of me, and get very anxious and nervous - and in turn eat way too much! I am sitting here on Saturday night still trying to get work done! Luckily I finally got my remote connection working so I don't have to go in to the office :-)

BUT - last week I had ordered Your First Triathlon by Joe Friel.
It had been sitting on the couch for a few days. While waiting for a few models to run for work tonight - I decided to start reading it. And I am sure glad I did! I think it gave me back some motivation and got me excited again about my training. It reminded me of what I am trying to do. When I am learning something new, I like lots of information, and I love details. So getting a 'what to expect' book seemed appropriate. I am already half way through and am very happy with my selection. I had read some reviews, which were accurate in the fact it is a beginner type book and doesn't go in to too many nitty-gritty details, but still gives you a good high level background.

It has gone in to things like nutrition, motivation, support and other 'pre-training' topics. It then breaks down the swimming/biking/running and gives some training plans. I am already excited again to get back on track this week. Aaron and I are planning to go to the gym in the morning too!

We did get a fun little snowshoe this morning :-) We got about 16 inches of snow yesterday so we wanted to take advantage! Aaron had to work in the afternoon so the plan was to head to Cherry Creek State Park for a quick snowshoe! We found the park! But not the entrance...we ended finding another place to go - and worked on my map and compass skills - so it was a success :-)

Tomorrow is the Superbowl, and while I wish it was Timmy and Broncos...I will be a bandwagon Giants fan since that is where my family loyalties lie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment